Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Apples and Oranges

(these pictures will all be completely random)

It's amazing how 2 babies from the same mama can be so insanely different. I remember at times when Connor was a baby thinking he was a somewhat difficult baby. Now I think I was smokin' crack...he was an angel baby! In the first few months, he was a tad colicky and cried a lot when he wasn't eating or sleeping, but by 3 months, that cleared up. By 5 months or so he was on an extremely regular schedule. He woke up at the same time every day, went down for all of his naps at the same time and slept for the same length of time every da, ate at the same time - he was like clock work. By 6 weeks or so, he was no longer eating through the night (although he would wake up at night for his pacifier) and was pretty much on a set 7pm-7am nightly stretch from 3 months on.
  Photobucket

Photobucket

Mya is a WHOLE different story. Girlfriend is 5 months old (post coming soon) and has zero consistency with anything in life. She wakes up at different times all the time, has never slept through the night - usually up 3 times from the time she goes down until she is up for the day. She has no eating schedule - sometimes she eats full bottles all day, other times she snacks and leaves an ounce or two in every bottle. She will sometimes go down shortly after waking up, other times I try and put her down and she screams until I get her back up. One day I will put her down for a nap and she will sleep for 2-3 hours, other days I will put her down (at the same time) and she sleeps for 20 minutes. Baby girl says schedule smedule and it makes our days quite hectic. You never know when she is going to be happy and well rested or when she is going to be cranky MISERABLE and overtired. I keep saying "she'll do it when she's ready" (schedule) but I've gotta be honest, I need her to be ready! Ha, she is exhausting this poor mama!!
Photobucket

I just feel bad because sometimes when I am frustrated because I can't figure out what she needs/wants, I feel like I have less patience with Connor. :( Don't get me wrong, he is no angel, but I feel like I used to have a higher tolerance for his...antics...before Mya came along. I just don't want him to ever feel like he's not as important to me as he has always been. When I noticed I have had a short fuse with him, I usually try and do something just the two of us - like coloring, or dancing like goons, or sitting outside on the swing for a little while. I'll tell ya what...two kiddos is no walk in the park - at least not in this house. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sigh, and then you see her like this and all is right in the world again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment