Saturday, May 5, 2012

Best Buds!

We have always wanted to have kids close in age because we wanted them to grow up close and be best friends. Connor and Mya are 2 1/2 years (almost to the day) and I can't even believe how well they get along at this point. Obviously I know things will change several times over the next few years, I am just so grateful for the relationship they have right now. I have friends and family member who have kids close in age and the oldest has been jealous from day one. I won't lie, I was slightly petrified that Connor was going to HATE this baby. I stay home and it had been just the two of us (during the day) up until Mya came along. I thought for sure he would act out and want nothing to do with her.

  Photobucket

I couldn't have been more wrong! He absolutely loves his little sister - sometimes to a fault. :/ He talks to her in the sweetest voice saying this like "Hi, baby girl." "Hi, princess." "Such a pretty girl." He loves to hug her and love on her (again, sometimes to a fault...he can definitely overwhelm her with his loves). He really is just an amazing brother.

  Photobucket

And she loves him just as much -- as long as he isn't talking to her a half an inch from her face. He can sit there and just look at her without saying anything and she lights up like a Christmas tree. She likes to play with his hands and just seems to adore him.
    Photobucket

I know things could and probably will change, but I feel so grateful for the way they adore each other right now. If I could, I would bottle it up and keep it this way forever.

  Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. oh they are just PRECIOUS! brooke and her sibling will be 3.5 years different in age and i hope they get along too! your kids are just gorgeous :)

    new follower, please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Not sure why I am just seeing this! I am heading over to your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete